Get ready to make great art!
New Creative Collage Techniques is filled with the guidance you need to make striking collages with a range of materials and mediums. It’s fun and easy to jump right in, whether you’re an experienced artist looking for something new or a new artist looking to make something unique. From basic methods to the latest innovations, this guide illustrates more than 60 exciting collage projects complete with detailed instruction, quick tips, charts and glossaries. In addition, seven start-to-finish demonstrations show you how to use these techniques to create your own stunning work.
- Fantastic found-paper collages formed from items right within your reach
- Compelling collage designs using decorative and ready-made papers
- Mixed-media collages combining acrylics, watercolor, rice paper and more
- Compositions featuring textured backgrounds made from paper, paint, natural materials and other collage materials
- Original paper (hand made by you) artfully arranged to form collages that are uniquely yours
- Collage that stands the test of time through the use of archival materials and techniques
You’ll also be inspired to push the potential of this limitless art form by studying the diverse work of 60 featured artists. As author Nita Leland says, “Experiment. Be Creative. Have fun. You’re a collage artist!” With this guide, you’ve got what you need to get started today.